Be a Street-Smart Global Engineer !
Kyoto University of Advanced Science (KUAS) is an accredited private university which was founded in 1969 in Kyoto, Japan. KUAS is a medium-sized university with 3,600 students and two campuses. Uzumasa Campus (our main campus) was built four years ago, and contains a brand-new auditorium, a cafeteria, learning commons, two libraries, a prayer room, a dormitory and our cutting-edge Engineering facilities. Kameoka Campus, our second campus, is located in the farmlands of rural Kyoto. Kameoka Campus contains a baseball field, a soccer field, a gymnasium, agricultural science facilities, and more. In the near future, the Kameoka Campus will also act as the site of an electric vehicle test course.
KUAS established its faculty of Engineering in 2020, where students can learn the most advanced technologies through a practical study program taught entirely in English. Focusing on the technology that will help shape our future—electric vehicles, drones, robots, AI, machinery, motor-related solutions, power generation systems and much more—KUAS will usher in a new generation of engineers.
At KUAS, our engineering programs were designed with the ultimate goal of providing an education that equips our students with the immediate, real-world skills needed to best function in the modern world of engineering. Specializing in the fields of mechanical, electrical, and mechatronics technology, we will offer an outside-in approach that considers the current trends of the industry, allowing our students the opportunity to work with real engineers in Kyoto’s full-fledged manufacturing industry. Our aim is to provide our students with the smoothest possible transition to successful careers at world-renowned companies and institutions in Japan and beyond.
Our aim is to provide our students with the smoothest possible transition to successful careers at world-renowned companies and institutions in Japan and beyond.
Kyoto University of Advanced Science
Kyoto / Kameoka, Japan
• All English: KUAS offers a trailblazing engineering curriculum that is taught entirely in English. Our graduates are linguistically and professionally prepared to work anywhere in the world.
• Intensive Japanese Language Program: KUAS provides all international students with intensive Japanese courses to help broaden their future career paths.
• Practical Programs: All engineering undergraduates at KUAS participate in a “Capstone Program” in which they tackle real-world engineering problems faced by major industry players. More than 50 companies from multiple industries cooperate with KUAS to provide our students with capstone themes.
• Career Support: KUAS provides students with comprehensive career support to assist them with job hunting and internships by leveraging our strong ties with the industries. Kyoto City itself hosts many of the world’s top-performing technology and electronics companies, and provides a stimulating, unique environment for building a career.
• Location: Kyoto City is the cultural capital of Japan and home to thousands of beautiful shrines and temples as well as seventeen UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kyoto is also the perfect city size to study, build local connections, and get a feel for life in Japan. That is why over 140,000 international students have chosen Kyoto. In addition, Kyoto is the city where many globally well-known manufactures gather. It is one of the best environment for students to study Engineering.
• Housing for International Students: KUAS has created an international student dormitory exclusively for its engineering program students. The dormitory is connected to the South (engineering) Building on Uzumasa Campus. The South Building features a 24-hour accessible Machine workshop, Electrical Lab, and Libraries allowing students to pursue their studies whenever they wish. The dormitory houses Japanese and overseas students together, allowing its residents to deepen their understanding of a diverse range of cultures and values.
Bacharel, Ténico, Vocacional
Faculty of Engineering (All-English)
-Department of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Bachelor's program)
Mestrado, Doutorado, MBA
Graduate School of Engineering (All-English medium)
- Division of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Master's program)
- Division of Mechanical and Electrical System Engineering (Doctoral program)
Intercâmbio, Escola de Línguas, Etc
Materiais e Downloads
Brochuras, Guias de inscrição, informações de bolsa