"Stand by your philosophy."
Toyo University was founded as a small academy of philosophy in 1887. It served as the first university that accepted female students in Japan.
Today, more than 31,000 students are learning in 4 different campuses located in/around Tokyo area, including 1,500 international students originated from many different parts of the world. Programs in undergraduate level consists of 14 faculties and 48 departments, including departments of humanities, social sciences, engineering, and computer/IT science.
Department of Global Innovation Studies and the Department of Regional Development Studies are English-medium programs, in which students can complete all coursework in English. Toyo has 15 graduate schools with 36 majors and 8 majors are offered all in English. Toyo is one of the 37 universities in Japan that are selected by Japan’s Ministry of Education and engaged in the Top Global University Project, with responsibilities to develop global competitiveness and contribute to globalization of higher education in Japan in general.
Toyo offers full-scholarships for undergraduate and Master’s students. The scholarship for international undergraduate students is called Toyo SDGs Ambassador Scholarship with 100% tuition exemption and free accommodation for 4 years. International Master’s students have an opportunity for the Top Leading Students’ Scholarship, that offers full exemption of tuition and monthly stipend of 120,000 JPY for 2 years.
Tokyo / Saitama, Japan
- Founded in 1837, one of the oldest and largest private universities in Japan
- 2 undergraduate and 9 graduate programs offered in English
- Full-scholarship available for Bachelor and Master's
- Study in Tokyo, one of the safest and most exciting cities in the world
Bacharel, Ténico, Vocacional
- Department of Global Innovation Studies
- Department of Regional Development Studies
Mestrado, Doutorado, MBA
English-medium Postgraduate Programs:
- Graduate School of Letters, Course of International Culture and Communication Studies
- Graduate School of Business Administration, Course of Business Administration and Marketing
- Graduate School of Economics, Course of Public-Private Partnership★
- Graduate School of Global and Regional Studies, Course of Global Innovation Studies ★
- Graduate School of Global and Regional Studies, Course of Regional Development Studies ★
- Graduate School of International Tourism Management, Course of International Tourism Management ★
- Graduate School of Life Sciences, Course of Life Sciences ★
- Graduate School of Interdisciplinary New Science, Course of Bio-Nano Science Fusion
- Graduate School of Information Sciences and Arts, Course of Information Sciences and Arts ★
For the programs with a star mark (★), pre-arrival admissions is available. Applicants do not need to come to Japan to take admissions exam or interview.
Outros Programas / Bolsas de Estudo
Intercâmbio, Escola de Línguas, Etc
- Toyo SDGs Ambassador Scholarship for undergraduate students
(100% tuition waiver + free accommodation until graduation)
- Toyo Top Leading Students' Scholarship for Master's students
(100% tuition waiver + monthly stipend of 120,000 JPY)
See more on the document links below!